Botany Luxe Trench coat
Introducing Scribbler's first trench coat. This style has been a long time in the works and we have put some serious thought into making the ultimate trench coat to provide the ultimate weatherproof style. NOTE: The base colour is a charcoal/plum colour.
Tell me quick:
A flattering cut that can be made more feminine by using the removable belt to cinch in your waist. Highly waterproof, breathable and our longest length yet - this jacket provides serious protection from wind and rain. A true classic - this coat will take you from school drop off, to the office, to a night out. Featuring a beautiful charcoal-plum base with a botanical print of mustard, teal and blush pink brush strokes. It is coat perfection!
All the deets:
Your wardrobe has never seen such a versatile, functional yet beautiful piece before now! You need this coat!
- Waterproof to 10 000mm (high), seam sealed (no water can reach you through the seams) and treated with DWR (Durable Water Repellent) means you won't get wet in a downpour with water beading off you like a duck's back. This is our highest rated waterproof level.
- Recycled PET outer fabric - doing your bit for the planet every time you put it on! Go you!
- Tafeta lined for a silky smooth skin-feel and moisture wicking
- Reflective elements on side pockets, chest and back so that cars and others can see you in low light.
- Two-way front zipper (YKK - 'cos they're the best) - so you can ride your bike/horse or sit in your car/a bus comfortably
- Removable, 3-way adjustable hood - because nobody wants water in their eyes when they're trying to see in front of them in a rain shower. Our hood shape provides better peripheral vision, back of head adjustability and peak adjustability. And if you'd rather not wear a hood - you can zip it off!
- Back vent flap to improve breathability as this trench coat means serious waterproof business
- Zippered side pockets to keep your valuables dry and safe when out and about. We have also included zip pullers to help you find the zips especially when you're wearing gloves
- Removable belt - tie it in front loosely, tie it at the back so you can't even see it or remove it altogether - you decide how you want to style your trench
- Higher collar for better protection in particularly wild weather (or just for styling) or fold it down for a more classic trench look
- Hidden internal pocket - for those extra special valuables you want to keep close to your heart (quite literally!)
- Double breasted front flap for that classic trench styling plus pure functionality - there is no way water will get through this!
- Hidden elasticated cuffs to keep water from running down your arm (and cold shivers up your spine!)
- Palm cut out on cuff to allow for better functionality when holding bicycle handles, pushing trolleys or prams
- Our longest length coat giving you maximum weather protection especially when paired with long gum boots
- Chin guard to protect your chin
Rae wears a size 8 (S) and Lan wears a size 16 (2XL).
Sizing: Check our sizing guide for help. Sizes range from 6 (XS) - 22 (5XL).
See our garment care guide here.
We know that sometimes when you're online shopping, you need to ask a couple of questions, so here are some that we get regularly. Hope these help. :)
An item is sold out - will you bring out any more like this?
We don't reprint any of our fabrics/styles in order to keep them unique and special. This way, you and your friends won't have the exact same coat! :)
Why are so many items sold out?
We are a small business and don't work in the same way as larger brands and companies. We take our time developing new styles and like to ensure everything is 'just so' before pressing 'play' on any production. We don't follow trends and try to create items that are timeless, beautiful and functional. We also don't do large production runs to ensure items are kept special and unique. You might need to wait a little longer for our new ranges, but we believe it is worth it!
Where can I try on your products?
We don't have our own stores, but we have some amazing stockists around New Zealand that have selected Scribbler products in stock. Take a look at this page to see if there is a store near you.
I have bought the wrong size - can I exchange for a different size?
If it's been less than 30 days, you haven't worn the item (it is in new, unworn condition) and it has all its original swing tags attached we will gladly do a size exchange (stock permitting). Please follow instructions within our refunds/exchange policy here: https://scribblergear.com/pages/returns-policy or start the returns process now: https://scribblergear.com/a/return
I am unsure which size to order... can you help?
We know online shopping can sometimes feel hard when it comes to sizing. To help with this, we have developed comprehensive size guides with measurements for each of our sizes and styles to give you as much detail as possible. You can find this here: https://scribblergear.com/pages/raincoat-sizing-chart
Can I see prices in my local currency?
You can see prices in AUD, CAD, EUR, GBP and USD by following these instructions:
Personal Computer/Tablet/iPad: In the top right hand corner it shows NZD with a small arrow next to it. Click on the arrow and you will see options to change the currency shown. Easy as!
Mobile Phone: Scroll to the very bottom of the page and you will see text: New Zealand (NZD $) with a small arrow. Click on the arrow and you will see options to change currency.
Which payment options do you offer?
At Scribbler we have tried to make payment as easy and stress-free as possible. You are able to pay using the following:
- Credit and debit cards - Visa, Mastercard, Amex
- Afterpay - 4 interest-free instalments over 8 weeks - NZ only
- LayBuy - 6 interest-free instalments over 6 weeks - NZ onle
- Shop Pay
I'm having trouble with the zip...
All our jackets and vests use a two-way zipper. If you haven't used one before, please take a look at this video for help:
What is the best way to care for my Scribbler product?
Great question! We create products to last. Please refer to the care label within your product for instructions on how to best care for your Scribbler product. We have put together the following guide to help you look after your Scribbler coat. Read here: https://scribblergear.com/pages/how-to-care-for-your-waterproof-jacket
Are the colours and print placements on screen the same as in person?
We try our very best to colour match how garments are shown on our website, however, we cannot guarantee that they are a perfect match. Not all monitors show colours in the same way.
Many of our styles have repeat patterns all over. We cannot guarantee that these will always look exactly the same as in website photography. The placement of fabric for cutting will vary, making each item unique.
Do you sell gift vouchers?
Yes indeed we do! You can buy vouchers in the following denominations: $50, $75, $100, $200 and $250. Buy here: https://scribblergear.com/collections/the-scribbler-online-gift-card/products/gift-card
Can I send an item as a gift?
You sure can! Just ensure you enter the recipients address as the shipping address and your address as the billing address. Ask us about gift wrapping - email@example.com
Can Scribbler cancel an order I've made?
This is quite a rare occurrence, but it does happen from time to time when many people order the same item at the same time. Our system can over sell in error. You will usually receive an email from us letting you know, and offering you the option to exchange for another item or have a full refund.
Where do you ship to?
We ship worldwide!
Our policy lasts 30 days. If 30 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused (in new condition - no hair/dirt) and in the same condition that you received it. It must have all original swing tags attached.
To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase.
There are certain situations where only partial refunds are granted:
Any item not in its original condition, is damaged or missing parts for reasons not due to our error
Any item that is returned more than 30 days after delivery.
Please log your returns through our portal: https://scribblergear.com/a/return
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within a certain amount of days.
Late or missing refunds
If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again.
Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted.
Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only regular priced items may be refunded, unfortunately sale items cannot be refunded. Pre-orders are not considered to be sale items.
We only replace items if they are defective or damaged. If you need to exchange it for the same item please log your exchange here: https://scribblergear.com/a/return
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item.
Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you, may vary.
If you are shipping an item over $75, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item.
Best Trench for Plus Size
Five out of five stars! I wore trench coat for the first time and heads-turned! Lots of compliments! Ample room for my bust and thickness. Get the coat ladies!
Love My New Scribbler Trench
First time I wore it got numerous comments from “strangers” saying how they loved my coat…it’s different…where did you get it! Scribbler designs are unique..I had a light blue floral coat that my grand daughter from UK fell in love with so gave it to her! Always got comments when I wore that one also, and just had to replace it with another “Scribbler”
You won’t be disappointed
Beautiful well made raincoat …workmanship is superb. Buy it …no regrets Sue laugesen
I love this coat especially the design of the cuffs
The first day I wore it at work I had multiple compliments from both staff and students. The cuffs are designed so there is cover over part of my hands, but there is not the same extended cuff on the lower side so the cuffs don't get in my way. I have worn it just done up with the belt or using all of the fastenings. A great design.
Too long but I still love it!
I brought my coat just in time for the rainy 'polar blast' here in Wellington. Being a little on the short side, it is a tad too long for me (including the sleeves), but I still love it. I love how it is warm it is and how functional it is while being classy and stylish.